- Remind us what your challenge was and why you chose it.
- My challenge was to practice at least 15 minutes of guitar or to watch a lesson on Coursera on playing guitar.
- I chose this challenge because I’ve been wanting to learn another instrument for a long time, and my dad has had a guitar that he hasn’t used in eons.
- How do you feel you’re doing so far?
- My challenge has been going great. I love this challenge because it’s short, fun and can build a lasting habit. I hope to develop this habit to continue practicing guitar every day. The only drawback I’ve had to this challenge thus far is remembering to do it.
- What has been the hardest part so far, if any?
- Nothing has been overly difficult so far, except that I’ve forgotten to do my challenge/was too busy to do it that day.
- Have you observed any changes so far? What are they?
- I’m starting to become a better musician like I predicted I would at the beginning of this challenge. My note-reading skills have improved, as well as my ear for tuning and figuring out whether a pitch is sharp or flat.
- Do you need to make any changes at this point to make sure you’re successful or to make the challenge easier for yourself?
- I think the only change I need to make at this point is making a schedule. This will allow me to build better habits and make it so that I’m less likely to forget.
Here’s a compilation video of everything I learned this week: